'This is an alternative establishment option to seeding. Wild Flower Turf gives a quick, easy and guaranteed way of establishing a wild flower meadow.
· The provision of established plants that can compete with, and suppress weed seeds.
· A 50:50 mix of native wild flower varieties and grasses at optimum densities for establishment.
· Low maintenance requirement – only one cut per year.
· Attracts insects and other invertebrate animals, birds and mammals.
· Establishes a Wild Flower turf meadow within 8 weeks of laying turf.
· Changing colours throughout the year in the finished wild flower meadow.
Wild Flower Turf Green Roof applications:
The simple soil-less system provides fast establishment for wide-ranging, lightweight, plant growth on roofs suitable for any manufacturer’s green roof system.
CT Flora Roof and CT Flora Roof Plus wild flower turf provides the perfect solution for establishing a truly native bio-diverse environment in which flora and fauna can thrive on a green roof in any situation from urban to industrial and rural sites.
As an alternative to sedum mat, CT Flora Roof and CT Flora Roof Plus wildflower turf can create a unique green roof that provides a micro climate for many insects, bees and butterflies as well as a food source and predator free area for birds. At the same time it is fantastic to look at, with changing colours and interest throughout the year.
· Uses native UK species
· Installs on any roof pitch suitable
· Provides all year round green cover
· One cut required in late summer/autumn
· Mitigates air pollutants
· Manages water run-off
· Improves insulation properties
· Lighter compared with some alternative green roof products'