‘Clay is one of the earliest used basic building materials and now it is available in board form - making it a thoroughly modern and convenient building material with outstanding natural properties. It is especially suitable for high comfort, low energy buildings.
Claytec clay board, which is manufactured in Germany, is a combination of clay, reed and hessian. Clay boards are heavier and thicker than gypsum plasterboards and have outstanding thermal and vapour diffusion properties. The boards can regulate temperature, are able to absorb moisture, and at other times, gently give it off again.
Clay also absorbs odours and is an effective sound insulator.
Claytec finishing plaster or Tierrafino are recommended for giving the clay board a skim coat finish.
Claytec products, which include plasters, unfired clay bricks and mortars, embody experience gained from over 15 years of working with clay on a commercial scale.
• Clay boards are 100% natural
• Once coated with a clay skim finish the surface can take
picture hooks, wallpaper and paints
• Clay surfaces absorb and diffuse water vapour
• Clay absorbs odours
• Clay surfaces are cool in summer, warm in winter
• Clay products are not only good for new buildings but are
ideal for historic building refurbishment
• Clay is exceptionally good at reducing noise levels’
Clay, silt, sand, organic and mineral additives, straw, hemp, reed and jute mesh.