Waterproof – Resistant to vermin – High compressive strength – Non-combustible – Impervious to water vapour – Dimensionally stable – Acid resistant – Easily cut to shape – Ecological
Advantages of the FOAMGLAS® system
- Quality: Systems with high quality materials. Quality management by systematic site inspections and professional consulting.
- Cost efficiency: The high durability preserves maximum value and guarantees minimal maintenance costs.
- Sustainability: Optimum insulation and protection against moisture for generations.
- Safety: Substrate with high compressive strength and free of deformation, preventing flaws and flooring damages. Cellular glass contains no toxic substances and, in case of fire, does not develop fumes or toxic gases.
- Functionality: Insulation and capillary barrier in one single functional layer.
Recommendations for architects
- Normally used: FOAMGLAS® FLOOR BOARD T4+,S3 or F, size 600 / 1200 mm.
- Insulation thickness to meet building regulations or the project-specific U-value requirements. Please also consult our product overview. It contains information on all our products, their field of application and their specific properties.
- For the use of FOAMGLAS® under load bearing conditions, the project / structural engineer must check the admissible loads.
- The flatness and the general conditions of the substrate are important criteria when using FOAMGLAS® (see TG1). Please contact our Technical Department to verify the criteria for the substrate.
- For a technically correct implementation, relevant standards and guidelines must be observed.