Eg: TDS-4-1-2 Compact Flat Roof without service access or protective layer on reinforced concrete deck
1 Concrete roof deck
2 Primer coat
3 FOAMGLAS READY BLOCK or
4 FOAMGLAS READY BLOCK with gradient, bonded with PC 500
5 Two layers of bituminous waterproofing membranes, top layer UV-resistant
FOAMGLAS® product properties
Waterproof – Resistant to vermin – High compressive strength – Non-combustible – Impervious to water vapour – Dimensionally stable – Acid resistant – Easily cut to shape – Ecological
Advantages of the FOAMGLAS® system
- Quality: Systems with high quality materials. Quality management by systematic site inspections and professional consulting.
- Cost efficiency: The high durability preserves maximum value and guarantees minimal maintenance costs.
- Sustainability: Optimum insulation and protection against moisture for generations.
- Safety: Compact, fully bonded insulation system preventing large-scale damages and renovations in the event of a leak caused by a puncture of the roofing membrane. No penetrations by mechanical fastening. No risk of condensate due to air leakage.
- Functionality: A bituminous waterproofing membrane can be directly torched on to it. Insulation and vapour barrier in one single functional layer. Flexible and easy installation of a gradient through tapered prefabricated blocks.
Recommendations for architects
- Normally used: FOAMGLAS® READY BLOCK T4+ or FOAMGLAS® READY BLOCK TAPERED T4+, size 600 / 600 mm.
- Insulation thickness to meet building regulations or project-specific U-value requirements. Please also consult our product overview. It contains information on all our products, their field of application and their specific properties.
- The flatness and the general conditions of the substrate are important criteria when using FOAMGLAS® (see TG1). Please contact our Technical Department to verify the criteria for the substrate.
- For technically correct implementation, relevant standards and guidelines must be observed.