Firestone EPDM roofing systems are based on RubberGard®, a single-ply rubber membrane. Since 1980, over 1.000.000.000 square meters of Firestone RubberGard EPDM have been installed. Firestone EPDM Roofing Systems offer a proven track record of longevity, durability and overall performance.
The success of Firestone RubberGard EPDM can be attributed to its unique combination of benefits:
• Superior durability and longevity: Due to its composition, Firestone RubberGard EPDM offers unmatched resistance to ozone, UV radiation, extremes of both high and low temperatures, and ultimately ageing.
• Quick and easy installation: Firestone RubberGard EPDM is available in large panel sizes up to 15m in width and 60m in length resulting in fewer field seams and less installation time.
• High flexibility and elongation: Firestone RubberGard EPDM remains highly flexible even at temperatures down to -45° C and can also elongate over 300% to accommodate building movements.
• Low life-cycle cost: Firestone RubberGard EPDM requires little or no maintenance. This feature, combined with the inherent durability and competitive installed cost of EPDM roofing systems, result in a very low life-cycle cost.
• Environmentally friendly: Firestone RubberGard EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact during manufacture and use of the product. In addition, Firestone's EPDM manufacturing facilities have received ISO 14001 certification, a testimony of the company's commitment to environmental management.'